Halloween is super fun. You get to dress up as your favourite super heroes, cute kitties or as you siblings worst nightmare! But we also want you to keep safe on your adventures into the great and spooky outdoors. Here are our top tips!
- Know your route. Make sure you and your children know the route. Make sure to agree on a safe place to stop if one of you gets lost.
- Stay with an adult. You should encourage your children to stay with an adult in a familiar well-lit area.
- Keep warm. Some Halloween outfits aren’t the warmest. If possible, keep warm by wearing normal clothing underneath as well.
- Stay comfortable. There’s nothing worse than uncomfortable shoes and achy arms. Make sure that any props are easy to carry and that shoes are cosy for a short/long walk.
- Stay visible. Make sure that you and your children are wearing a few bright/light up elements so you can spot them and so that drivers, cyclists or other pedestrians can see them. You could even give children glow sticks or torches, they’d be really fun and definitely visible then.
- Check the sweeties. Double check that the sweeties have not been opened before letting your children consume them.
- Choose face paint over masks. If possible avoid masks, this is so it doesn’t obstruct a child’s vision.
We’d love to see your children dressed up in their epic outfits! Head over to our facebook page to leave a picture on one of our Halloween posts!