What do you and your children love doing together, scooting outdoors, visiting the zoo, going on rollercoasters? Visting the world outdoors has lots of lovely benefits on health and happiness for your family. Some of our favourite things about the outdoors are the animals, whether they’re little pups at the park, cows on the countryside or big elephants at the zoo.
What have you challenged yourself to do this year?
There are a million and one things that you could do or visit outdoors. We challenge you and your children to do some of the following:
- A 30 minute scoot or bike ride
- Try a new park or national trust location
- Cycle to somewhere new from home, even if the end of the journey is a new cafe this could be quite exciting!
- Explore a cave
- Climb a hill
- Go rock climbing
- Make a bug home, use up some of your recycling by making a cardboard bug den.
- Visit a new beach
- Go swimming in the sea
- Build a den, technically you could do this indoors as well on a rainy day
- Visit a farm
- Visit a zoo
- Go fossil hunting, there are some amazing guided tours along the UK’s Jurassic Coast you could visit.
- Skim stones
- Go blackberry picking
- Make a daisy chain
- Bug hunt
- Make a snow angel, depending on where you live this one may be a bit difficult!
- Crab hunting
There are hundreds of really fun things you could do outside! If you want to share your outdoors photos with us on instagram just #thebigoutdoorchallenge