Playing with recipes and making treats with children can be so much fun and so rewarding. Not only do you get delicious treats, but you also get to spend time with your children, teaching them measurements! This
- 185g of softened butter
- 110g of brown sugar
- 100g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 280g of self-raising flour
- 2 tsp cornflour (corn starch)
- 120g of chopped rhubarb
- the zest of two medium lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp sugar extra
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Chop the rhubarb into small pieces and place it into a small bowl. Add the extra ½ tablespoon of sugar, the lemon zest (use more or less depending on how lemony you like your cookies), and lemon juice to the chopped rhubarb, mix well and allow to sit for a little while.
- Cream butter and sugars, then add the egg and mix well.
- Fold in flour and cornflour and then stir through rhubarb mixture.
- Place tablespoons (or bigger!) of dough on well-greased trays and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- These cookies will not brown. They stay very blonde. When you see them starting to go slightly brown around the edges, take them out, or they will be crumbly, not soft and chewy.
The final step is to enjoy and make sure you have fun!