Pancake day is just around the corner (Tue, 13th Feb) what are your favourite pancakes? We’ve put together an awesome and delicious recipe below for you to cook at home with your kids.
- 340g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml buttermilk
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 85g unsalted melted butter
- 300g fresh blueberries (or raisins)
- In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients – flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and caster sugar.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients – buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and carefully stir.
- Use a ladle to pour some batter into the pan, you could use an additional bit of butter or some spray oil if your pan is prone to sticking. If you’re adding blackberries or raisins then sprinkle these over the pancake batter now.
- Cook for about a minute until the top is slightly bubbly, then flip them over for another minute.
You could serve with maple syrup and more fruit.
Did you know you can also make savoury pancakes? See our savoury pancake recipe here!