This recipe is a super easy peasy Chocolate Mousse Recipe for Kids. Chocolate mousse is great tasting and you can create a unique flavour to your liking, with different fruits and extracts.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe for Kids – Ingredients
- 300ml double cream
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- Smash the chocolate into little pieces.
- Melt the chocolate, in a bowl over simmering water, with 100ml of the double cream.
- Stir until you get a rich creamy mixture.
- While you are melting the chocolate/cream mixture whip the rest of the mixture into stiff peaks.
- Combine the chocolate/cream mixture with the whipped cream by whipping together
- Spoon into bowls (makes approximately 4 small bowls)
Fun Flavour Extras!
To make your own unique taste you could create one of the following fun flavours:
- Chocolate Orange – Whilst whipping together the final mixture grate in a little bit of orange zest
- Chocolate Raspberry – Sprinkle on top of the mixture freeze dry raspberries
- Mint Chocolate Mousse – Sprinkle a couple of chopped mint leaves into the mixture or alternatively use a few drops of mint extract
- Chocolate Banana – This will make the mousse go further and be super tasty. Cut some banana chunks and mix them in before spooning into the bowls
- Strawberry and Chocolate – Again this will make the mousse go further and will be delicious. Cut some strawberry chunks and mix them in before spooning into the bowls
What flavour mousse did you try? We’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, just comment on our facebook page here with pictures of your creations!